01 Jun Warehouse Order Puller
Job details Pay
$15.00 – $15.50 per hour
- 8-hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Monday to Friday
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday-Friday with weekend availability if needed.
Supervisory Duties: No
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: No
NOTE: This job description represents a summary of the typical functions of the job and is not considered to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined specifically in the job description; other duties, as assigned, will become part of the job.
Job Purpose: Order Pullers are responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the loading platform in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security and productivity. The Order Puller is responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Summary of Essential Job Duties
- Efficiently pull customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is selected
- Carry or transport orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with material handling equipment
- Select product for shipment and stack on pallet neatly by using a pallet jack
- Arrange all pallets to ensure safe delivery of products to customers and inspect all pallets for accurate stickers and addresses
- Repack and weigh any orders that require such handling when necessary
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage
- Report quality variances
- Isolate damaged items and report to supervisor
- Breakdown and restack merchandise from pallets
- Conduct physical inventories as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous experience in executing functions related to the warehousing and distribution industry
- Previous experience using handheld barcode scanners or inventory management systems
- Positive attitude
- Good communication and listening skills
- Ability to read and count accurately, do simple math, and write legibly
Required Education and Experience
- Proven experience as order puller or other warehouse position
- High school Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Prior experience using handheld WMS
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org